This information is provided by the Thayer Street District Management Authority with approval from Todd Ravenell Project Manager (Consultant for the City of Providence) of Gordon R. Archibald, Inc., Civil and Environmental Engineers. Any reprint or social media re-post should include these credits and the URL of this post for authenticity.
The following is an updated summary of the roadway improvements proposed within the area of the Thayer Street and Brown University. The tentative schedule (weather dependent) is as follows:
1. Placement of Bituminous Pavement (This is the first layer of bituminous pavement to be placed): (Road Closures & No Parking)
· Meeting Street (Thayer Street to Prospect Street) FRIDAY 7-17-14 from 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. (Rescheduled due to rain)
· Lloyd Avenue (Prospect Street to Brook Street) FRIDAY 7-17-14 from 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
2. Minor construction work will continue over the next few weeks and includes the following: (No Road Closures)
· Adjusting utility frames and covers
· Curb repair and replacement.
3. Parking Restrictions “No Parking” will be as follows to perform Items 1 and 2 above.
· Thayer Street – Bowen to Hope – Friday 18th & Monday 21st (7am to 5pm)
· Thayer Street – John to George – Friday 18th and all of next week Monday 21st to Friday 25th (7am to 5pm)
· Meeting Street – Prospect to Thayer – Friday 18th to Tuesday 22nd (excludes the weekend) (7am to 5pm)
· Lloyd Avenue – Prospect to Hope – Friday 18th & Wednesday 23rd to Friday 25th (7am to 5pm)
· College Street – North Main to Prospect – Saturday 19th (7am to 5pm)
4. Thayer Street Improvements at the intersections of Cushing Street (Corner of No. 271) and at the intersection of Meeting Street (Corners of Nos. 288-296 & No. 300). This work will consist of providing curb modifications, “bump-outs”, to provided additional sidewalk area, benches, and landscaping. The work has been re-scheduled to start July 18, 2014. (No Road Closures)