This information is provided by the Thayer Street District Management Authority with approval from Todd Ravenell Project Manager (Consultant for the City of Providence) of Gordon R. Archibald, Inc., Civil and Environmental Engineers. Any reprint or social media re-post should include these credits and the URL of this post for authenticity.
The following is an updated summary of the roadway improvements proposed within the area of the Thayer Street and Brown University. The tentative schedule (weather dependent) is as follows:
1. Bituminous pavement will be placed tomorrow and Friday on the following streets. Please note, construction crews will be working on these streets the days prior to the placement of bituminous pavement.
Brook Street - Cushing Street to Hope Street - Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm
Thayer Street - Bowen Street to Hope Street - Thursday 7:00 am to Noon
Meeting Street - Thayer Street to Prospect Street - Thursday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm
Hope Street - Waterman Street to Cushing Street - Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm
Meeting Street - Hope Street to Brook Street - Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm
Brook Street – Angell Street to Hope Street (excluding Meeting Street to Euclid Street) Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm
2. Thayer Street Improvements at the intersections of Cushing Street (Corner of No. 271) and at the intersection of Meeting Street (Corners of Nos. 288-296 & No. 300). Sidewalks will be poured this week.
3. Parking Restrictions “No Parking” will be as follows to perform the above.
Thayer Street - Bowen Street to Hope Street - Thursday 7 am to 5 pm
Thayer Street - Waterman Street to Cushing Street – Thursday 1 am to 12 noon (night work)
Hope Street - Waterman Street to Cushing Street – Thursday & Friday 7 am to 5 pm
Brook Street - Angell Street to Hope Street – Thursday & Friday 7 am to 5 pm
Meeting Street - Thayer Street to Prospect Street – Thursday & Friday 7 am to 5 pm
4. National Grid continues to perform repair work throughout the area. We would note work is scheduled on Meeting Street, Euclid Street, and Brook Street within the block area of 257 Thayer Street.
5. Providence Water continues to perform repair work (various areas) throughout the East Side.
6. Final pavement on College Hill has been delayed to allow for additional sidewalk and wheelchair repairs.
7. Curb and sidewalk repairs will begin on Hope Street from Waterman Avenue to Wickenden Street.