THAYER STREET IMPROVEMENT CONSTRUCTION UPDATE 6.23.14
We will be providing weekly updates on proposed construction work. As work intensifies, we will provide more frequent updates.
The following is an updated summary of the roadway improvements proposed within the area of the Thayer Street and Brown University. As part of the Providence Roadway Improvement Project C-8, the following streets will be restored with new bituminous pavement.
· Thayer Street (Hope Street to Waterman Street) & (George Street to Power Street)
· Meeting Street (Brown Street to Brook Street) & (Brook Street to Hope Street)
· Lloyd Street (Prospect Street to Hope Street)
· Olive Street (Prospect Street to Brown Street)
· Hope Street (George M. Cohen Memorial Boulevard to Cushing Street)
Work is scheduled to continue over the next several weeks as follows.
1. Minor construction work will continue over the next few weeks and includes the following: (No Road Closures)
· Handicap ramp improvements and sidewalk repairs
· Saw-cutting of bituminous pavement
· Cleaning catch basins and drainage pipes.
· Curb repair and replacement.
2. Thayer Street Improvements at the intersections of Cushing Street (Corner of No. 271) and at the intersection of Meeting Street (Corners of Nos. 288-296 & No. 300). This work will consist of providing curb modifications, “bump-outs”, to provided additional sidewalk area, benches, and landscaping. The work is scheduled to start June 30, 2014. (No Road Closures)
3. Major construction work consisting of milling (grinding and removal of pavement surfaces) and bituminous pavement overlay will start after July 6, 2014. This work will result in temporary roadway closures for short periods of time. The milling and overlay work will be performed during the following time periods.
Thayer Street (Hope Street to Waterman Street) – 1:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M. Monday through Friday & 2:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M. Saturday & Sunday
Thayer Street (George Street to Power Street) – 7:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Meeting Street (Brown Street to Hope Street) – 7:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Lloyd Street (Prospect Street to Hope Street) - 7:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Olive Street (Prospect Street to Brown Street) - 7:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Hope Street (George M. Cohen Memorial Boulevard to Cushing Street) - 7:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Information provided by: Todd Ravenell Project Manager (Consultant for the City of Providence) of Gordon R. Archibald, Inc., Civil and Environmental Engineers