This is a weekly update on proposed construction work. As work intensifies, we will provide more frequent updates.
This information is provided by the Thayer Street District Management Authority with approval from Todd Ravenell Project Manager (Consultant for the City of Providence) of Gordon R. Archibald, Inc., Civil and Environmental Engineers. Any reprint or social media re-post should include these credits and the URL of this post for authenticity .
The following is an updated summary of the roadway improvements proposed within the area of the Thayer Street and Brown University. The tentative schedule (weather dependent) is as follows:
1. Minor construction work will continue over the next few weeks and includes the following: (No Road Closures)
· Handicap ramp improvements and sidewalk repairs
· Saw-cutting of bituminous pavement
· Cleaning catch basins and drainage pipes.
· Curb repair and replacement.
2. Thayer Street Improvements at the intersections of Cushing Street (Corner of No. 271) and at the intersection of Meeting Street (Corners of Nos. 288-296 & No. 300). This work will consist of providing curb modifications, “bump-outs”, to provided additional sidewalk area, benches, and landscaping. The work is scheduled to start June 30, 2014. (No Road Closures)
3. Major construction work will begin after July 6, 2014. This will consist of roadway milling (removal of pavement surfaces): (Road Closures)
· Thayer Street (Hope Street to Waterman Street), Monday - 7-7-14 from 1:00 A.M. to 11:00 AM
· Thayer Street (John Street to George Street), Tuesday - 7-8-14 from 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
· Brook Street (Angell Street to Lloyd Avenue), Tuesday - 7-8-14 from 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
· Meeting Street (Prospect Street Hope Street), Wednesday - 7-9-14 from 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
· Hope Street (Cushing Street to Waterman Avenue), Wednesday - 7-9-14 from 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
· Olive Street (Prospect Street to Brown Street), Thursday - 7-10-14 from 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
· South Water Street (Tockwotten Street to Point Street), Thursday - 7-10-14 from 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
· Brook Street (Angell Street to Lloyd Street), Thursday - 7-10-14 from 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
· Benefit Street (Jenckes Street to Burrs Street), Thursday - 7-10-14 from 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
· College Street (North Main Street to Prospect Street), Thursday - 7-10-14 4:30 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.