This information is provided by the Thayer Street District Management Authority with approval from Todd Ravenell Project Manager (Consultant for the City of Providence) of Gordon R. Archibald, Inc., Civil and Environmental Engineers. Any reprint or social media re-post should include these credits and the URL of this post for authenticity.
The following is an updated summary of the roadway improvements proposed within the area of the Thayer Street and Brown University. The tentative schedule (weather dependent) is as follows:
1. Placement of Bituminous Pavement (This is the first layer of bituminous pavement to be placed):
(Road Closures & No Parking)
· Meeting Street (Thayer Street to Prospect Street) Wednesday 7-16-14 from 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. (Rescheduled due to rain)
2. Minor construction work will continue over the next few weeks and includes the following: (No Road Closures)
· Adjusting utility frames and covers
· Curb repair and replacement.
3. Thayer Street Improvements at the intersections of Cushing Street (Corner of No. 271) and at the intersection of Meeting Street (Corners of Nos. 288-296 & No. 300). This work will consist of providing curb modifications, “bump-outs”, to provided additional sidewalk area, benches, and landscaping. The work has been re-scheduled to start July 16, 2014. (No Road Closures)
SPECIAL 257 Thayer Street CONSTRUCTION NOTICE (Rescheduled due rain to Thursday, July 17:
This will effect the Thayer Street Area - the TSDMA was just notified by Gilbane Construction that they will be pouring 300 yards of concrete at their 257 Thayer construction site Thursday 7-17-14. This work on their site will cause Meeting Street, Euclid Street and Brook Street to become one lane starting 6:00am until approx 6pm. Thayer Street Businesses will be open.